Home Contents Insurance

Are you covered?

Christian Action Housing insures the structure of your home but does not cover your personal possessions.  We strongly recommend that you insure your belongings against theft, fire and water damage. You should also insure against accidental damage that you may unintentionally cause, for example, as a result of a washing machine flooding

home contents insurance logo Further information on this can be obtained through ‘My Home Contents Insurance’, further details may be found below.

Why do I need it?

As noted above, Christian Action Housing does not cover your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen so home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, Christian Action Housing have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks, and Ageas Insurance Limited who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

How do I get further information?

  • Ask your Customer Services or Scheme Manager or Youth Coach or Scheme for an application pack.
  • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288
  • Thistle Tenant Risks and the National Housing Federation are delighted to announce the launch of their new My Home video, to highlight the importance of home contents insurance and where you can obtain further information regarding the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme. You can view the short video by visiting their website here https://www.thistlemyhome.co.uk/  (this is an external link) as well as their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtTTPYwjw_M

The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Thistle Insurance Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at https://www.thistleinsurance.co.uk/Privacy-Policy (this is an external link).