Our business is underpinned by our core standards:
- We welcome all people and work with those who share our ambition to meet local housing and neighbourhood needs.
- We strive to be a modern, listening, customer focused organisation.
- We use our resources to provide the high quality services that our residents and stakeholders are entitled to.
- We maintain our independence and financial strength in order to meet housing and other local needs.
- We offer challenging and rewarding employment for our staff.
- We work in partnership with the statutory, voluntary and private sectors to achieve efficiency and improve the communities in which our tenants live.
Our approach to unacceptable behaviour
Christian Action believes that every customer who approaches its services has the right to be listened to, respected and understood. However, when behaviour becomes unacceptably rude, aggressive or unreasonable, Christian Action will take action. Whilst managing unacceptable behaviour Christian Action staff will take any vulnerabilities into consideration, as well as any support needs that are made known to the organisation.
The association is committed to providing a safe environment for its staff and does not expect them to tolerate unacceptable behaviour, including:
- verbal abuse, aggression, violence
- unreasonable demands
- unreasonable persistence
- overload of letters, calls, emails or contact via social media
Christian Action recognises that people may act out of character when in distress or difficulty, so being upset or angry is understandable. However, when these emotions escalate into aggressive or abusive behaviour towards our staff, such behaviour will be considered unacceptable and dealt with accordingly in line with the Unacceptable Customer Behaviour Policy available here.