Back to the list


You need our written permission if you wish to keep pets. Generally, and as long as you have your own garden and a separate entrance to your home, we will not refuse permission to keep a pet (e.g. a cat or dog, apart from dangerous dogs).

We do not give permission to tenants living in blocks of flats with shared communal entrances and communal areas.

However, if you do keep a pet, you must make sure it does not cause a nuisance to your neighbours. If you keep an animal, we would expect you to make sure that it does not foul your garden or common areas, does not make excessive noise and is kept under control by you and your family and does not cause damage to the property or the communal areas. If we do receive complaints from neighbours about your pets we may ask you to remove them from your property.

Tenants living in our retirement housing schemes are not allowed to keep pets other than small caged animals.  Permission has to be granted by the Scheme Manager in advance.

Welcome to your new home

Moving into a new home can be a stressful time with all the arrangements that have to be made. However we hope  that you see it as an enjoyable experience and the start of a new chapter in your life.

We want you to enjoy your home as fully as possible and the following information has been provided to help you to settle in and to aid you throughout your time as a Christian Action Housing tenant.

If you are just moving in, there are a number of things that you will need to do:

Gas, electricity and water supplies family holding boxed moving in home

Council tax

Housing Benefit




Repairs & Maintenance - including; decorating, improvements, repairs in your home, connection of appliances & heating

Television reception & telephone connection


General safety & consideration

Your information

New tenant visits

Working from home


Garden and Communal Area


Footer logos

The Foyer Federation's Homepage  National Housing Federation's Homepage HouseMark Logo's Homepage