Back to the list

What Can I Do If The Relationship With My Partner Breaks Down?

When relationships break down, housing problems can arise. Personal differences or the threat of violence may make it impossible for couples and partners to continue sharing a home. You should seek independent legal advice and discuss the matter with your Customer Services Manager if you find yourself in this situation.

In cases of domestic violence, local councils should provide temporary re-housing for the person experiencing it. We would only be able to provide assistance from a domestic violence refuge in emergency situations as we do not have temporary accommodation.

Christian Action will not be able to provide separate housing in the event of any form of relationship breakdown. An application may be made by a tenant for a legal transfer of the tenancy under the Matrimonial Clauses Act 1973, the Matrimonial and Family Proceedings Act 1984 and the Civil Partnership Act 2004 and the Family Law Act or the Children Act.

  1. My Home

Footer logos

The Foyer Federation's Homepage  National Housing Federation's Homepage HouseMark Logo's Homepage