Our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
As a local business our aspiration is to meet the needs of our multi-cultural and diverse local community and to have that diversity reflected within our organisation.
As an employer we promote equal opportunities and value difference. We expect everyone who works for us, and with us, to promote these values too. We aim to ensure that Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) are integral to every aspect of the work that we do.
This means that we believe that no person should suffer disadvantage by reason of their race, colour, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality disability, marital status, responsibility for dependents, social class, age or HIV status.
We aim to apply these beliefs to both our staff and our customers and it is a core value of the organisation that we treat you fairly and equally. It is fundamental to the type of services we provide, and how they are accessed and delivered. It drives the recruitment, development and retention of our staff. It influences our relationships with the people we do business with and the communities we work in.
To achieve our aims we will:
- Treat you fairly and equally regardless of your race, age, gender etc.
- Deliver services which are accessible to all and meet the needs of our customers.
- Provide all our staff with equality and diversity training.
- Provide a range of opportunities for our residents to be heard and incorporate their views to our ways to working.
- Recruit and promote staff based solely on ability.
- Encourage applicants from all sections of the community.
- Deal quickly and effectively with any reports of discrimination or harassment.
- Review our policies, procedures and working practices regularly to ensure they do not discriminate either directly or indirectly.