Staff Awards Ceremony
We celebrated staff achievements at our annual staff conference this year. Staff were nominated by their colleagues and tenants for a number of achievements including their delivery of excellent customer service, being upbeat in the face of adversity and supporting their team and colleagues to achieve outcomes.
This year’s winners were;
In the Simply Thank You category;
- Linda Slight – Housing Finance Officer - nominated for her positivity and that no matter how much pressure she is under she takes it in her stride
- Alison Noble – Administration Assistant - for being one of those people where you think ‘what would we do without you’
- Loyola Mellon - Retirement Scheme Manager - nominated by a resident for their excellent communication with residents, their problem solving and passion for supporting residents
- Nicky Savva – Receptionist - nominated by two colleagues for their warmth and professionalism and impeccable customer service
- Jayde Newman James – Support Worker - This person was nominated by their line manager for being proactive, interacting positively with service uses and staff and constantly using her initiative
Staff who have gone ‘Above and Beyond’ in their roles;
- Arlene Walker – Support Worker - nominated by their line manager and a colleague for embracing new ways of working, their passion and caring for achieving outcomes for the people they support and for being their advocate
- Gemma Watts – Engagement Manager - nominated for going over and above their role, in supporting teams with periods of absence that are not within her remit and for being instrumental in us becoming a finalist in the UK Housing Awards!
- Sharon Senior – Trainee Customer Services Manager - nominated by her line manager for her commitment, hard work and dedication to her role and studies and for showing significant development within her trainee role
Finally we awarded one person who has made a notable and significant impact within the organisation;
- Rhona O’Sullivan – Operation manager – Retirement - Rhona was nominated by a member of her team for her natural people skills and positive relationship with her team members encouraging them to achieve more. The nomination said “She listens well to each member of staff and to all residents; she encourages team members to take the lead to achieve more and encourages team members to take the lead on every project, which helps to develop team skills. She gives recognition to a job well done when team members achieve goals and she encourages the team to achieve more. She appreciates, encourages and recognises when a team member or the team produce good results by gaining positive feedback. She helps to increase overall job satisfaction